Assembly for Democracy London
Saturday March 28th 2015
London South Bank University
Introduction by Corinna Lotz
Expectations of the London Assembly
Notes from the Working Groups
With video by John Pennifold and photos by Peter Arkell
- Representation and its limits with Peter Evans
- Marginalised Minorities with Rahila Gupta
- Why power needs to be brought closer to the people with Alexandra Runswick
- Women, human rights and democracy with Margaret Owen
- A People’s Parliament with John McDonnell MP
- The case for a democratic revolution with Steve Freeman
- What would a real democracy look like? with Julie Timbrell
- Founding a Union for the 21st Century with Mark Barrett
- Beyond representative democracy: towards an Agreement of the People with Paul Feldman
- Revolutionary change & the Kurdish movement with Mehmet Aksoy
There were also two Open Space Working Groups on:
- Digital Democracy and
- Capitalism is in crisis, collapsing, not based on needs. What is the alternative?
Pingback: Emancipation & Liberation » GREEK VOTERS REIGNITE THE FLAME FOR DEMOCRACY
Pingback: Freedom in the Modern World | People in Common
I am sorry I can’t attend your meetings because of my personal situation, but I sign petitions when I feel strongly about them. Thank you for your emails.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Leah, for your message and sending your poem too.
It is very unfortunate that I have only just come across this now. Could I please ask if there are plans for a follow set of discussions in London? If not, Democratic Reform (www.democraticreform.co.uk) would be happy to organise something late in the summer.
Congratulations on the massive success of the first two events.
And sending good thoughts and vibes for the event on Saturday coming in Manchester.
Wish I could be there…next time :0)
Pingback: Assemblies for Democracy | Blue Green future