Tuesday May 10, 6-9pm
Committee Room 5
House of Commons
Register at Eventbrite.
“Why do we need a constitutional convention?”
“How do we design one that will have the best outcome for citizens?”
Energy is building for a citizens-led convention that looks critically at the present broken UK constitution and comes forward with proposals for democratic change. Jon Trickett, the shadow minister for the constitutional convention, supports the idea. King’s College, University of London, is drafting a proposal to create and run a convention. Could a convention draft an entirely new constitution or should it recommend reforms? Should Parliament have the final say on a convention’s proposals?
Come to this Assemblies for Democracy event and debate these and other issues with our panel and help build the pressure for substantial change.
- Aisha Dodwell, Global Justice Now!
- Frances Foley, Unlock Democracy
- Alan Renwick, Constitution Unit, University College London
- Julie Timbrell, Occupy Democracy
- Paul Feldman, Assemblies for Democracy
- Eddie Molloy, Electoral Reform Society
Space is limited so register asap. Allow yourself enough time to pass through the security arrangements at Westminster.