London Working Group Notes: A People’s Parliament
- Digital democracy – for elderly especially
Corruption & accountability
- Everyone is doing it (not just Rifkind & Straw)
- Conflict of interests
- Corporate capture of Parliament
- What sort of representative democracy do we want?
- There should be no career politicians
- Right of recall fundamental
- Democratise the media and education
How did we get to where we are now?
- Labour Party once a coalition of social democracy and socialists and unions. But now has become corporatised. System has corrupting influence on new MPs. It is a facilitator of capitalism. The very structure of the building has an intimidating and corrupting influence – Shut it Down!
- All gains made under social democracy are now being rolled back.
- Assemblies are fantastic but so much more potential out there.
- Local government cut by 40%
You must be logged in to post a comment.